Tuesday 29 March 2011

5.INITIATION

    During my childhood there was no practice of children going to pre-primary or nursery schools in our village.But children from Muslim families were admitted to the local madrasa prior to admitting to lower primary schools.Even after got admitted to school,I continue to go to madrasa for three-four years.My first teacher at Madrasa was Moyitty Elappa,one of our family members.He was a pious and devoted person knowing Arabic language.Later another person,one Muhammed Musaliar taught me.In the medium of instruction was Malayalam ; but the script used was Arabic.Thus what I learnt was Arabic-Malayalam,not pure Arabic at the madrasa.At the same time learnt to recite the Holy Quran without having no idea of the meaning.Some part of it I learnt by heart .There I comprehended the fundamentals of Islam in its rudimentary form.There are six matters of faith viz.faith in God,angels,books revealed by God,messengers,last day and in goodness and badness.There are five compulsory actions viz.utterance of the Shahadath Kalimas,performance of ritual prayers five times ,alms giving,fasting in the month of Ramadhan and performance of Hajj once in life.Besides this we learn the biography of Prophet Muhammad.
   I recall how I enjoyed travelling in childhood.I accompanied my mother to doctor and to her parental house at Kunnamangalam.All the journeys were by walking since there was no bus roots connecting my village.As far as we are concerned the journey and the two-three days' stay is the only days of relaxation and freedom during a year's monotonous and worrysome life.
   During childhood my health condition was not satisfactory.I would be bedridden for many days suffering from chronic skin problems,vomiting,headache or bronchial troubles. giddiness,cold,eye and ear troubles,      High temperature,cough,constipation,indigestiion and sinusitis were also my physical troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment